In which we talk about teacups and laptops
Hello, grasshoppers. The months of March is here and with it comes a new blog entry because, let’s face it, I know you all missed me. Right?…Right? Moving on. I am going to disclose a thing about myself: I love cups. Actually I love promotional cups that come in cute packs and are inscribed with a brand name. Oh, how boring life would be if I had to use the same cups every day. But it ain’t because the high-powers like promotions and giving away stuff so I now have in my hands a yellow Lipton cup. I can see the envy in your eyes. Who wouldn’t want such an amazing thing? It’s better then the holly grail, I tell you. Of course, with it came a lecture because “why did I have to take it out of the pack and use it?” Why, oh why did I even think that I could drink tea from a cup made for drinking tea? *gasps from the audience*. I’m a heathen. Lord help me, I’m going to strangle my mother one day.
Speaking of cups, I need a laptop. Can you see how I jumped from one thing to the other there? Neither can I but I was getting bored of saying “on to the next topic” and other variations on the same theme. But back to the laptop. I’ve discovered the necessity of me owning one. I mean it. I’ve been editing lately, as you all know, and since I cannot edit on the bed or in the chair next to my computer I must edit in my reading/editing/writing/mostly-used-as-a-hallway room. And when I edit I get these great(to be read as lame) ideas that I’d like to expand on but for that I have to move my ass all the way to the computer and write or use a notebook, both of which are simply undoable because I’m too lazy. Hence my urgent need for a laptop. And when I’m not editing I’ve started writing my very first and probably only because it’s driving me bonkers House fanfiction.
And since we’re on the subject of writing there’s a thing that’s been bugging me. I read a book in my troubled youth…let’s say 7 or 8 years ago. I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it’s called or who wrote it but I remember bits and pieces of the plot. It’s a book about an American guy who goes to a castle in Transylvania(I think-somewhere in Romania for sure- might have been near Brasov but I’m not betting any money on it) that belonged to his family and picks a chick up on the road. He’s very nice and normal but once he gets there he discovers his family were vampires or werewolves or something like that. Oh, and I think his name was Michael but he changed it to Mihai. And there’s a scene in an old creepy village and a church at night. Know what book I’m talking about? Well, if you do, please inform me because I’ve gone mental trying to remember. I'm not very sure of any of this, which makes my search even more difficult. I think it might be "Castle Dubrava"(the description is somewhat similar but there are many things which don't coincide-probably my fault 'cause, seriously now, it's been a long time). I'll add it to my look-for list.
Hello, grasshoppers. The months of March is here and with it comes a new blog entry because, let’s face it, I know you all missed me. Right?…Right? Moving on. I am going to disclose a thing about myself: I love cups. Actually I love promotional cups that come in cute packs and are inscribed with a brand name. Oh, how boring life would be if I had to use the same cups every day. But it ain’t because the high-powers like promotions and giving away stuff so I now have in my hands a yellow Lipton cup. I can see the envy in your eyes. Who wouldn’t want such an amazing thing? It’s better then the holly grail, I tell you. Of course, with it came a lecture because “why did I have to take it out of the pack and use it?” Why, oh why did I even think that I could drink tea from a cup made for drinking tea? *gasps from the audience*. I’m a heathen. Lord help me, I’m going to strangle my mother one day.
Speaking of cups, I need a laptop. Can you see how I jumped from one thing to the other there? Neither can I but I was getting bored of saying “on to the next topic” and other variations on the same theme. But back to the laptop. I’ve discovered the necessity of me owning one. I mean it. I’ve been editing lately, as you all know, and since I cannot edit on the bed or in the chair next to my computer I must edit in my reading/editing/writing/mostly-used-as-a-hallway room. And when I edit I get these great(to be read as lame) ideas that I’d like to expand on but for that I have to move my ass all the way to the computer and write or use a notebook, both of which are simply undoable because I’m too lazy. Hence my urgent need for a laptop. And when I’m not editing I’ve started writing my very first and probably only because it’s driving me bonkers House fanfiction.
And since we’re on the subject of writing there’s a thing that’s been bugging me. I read a book in my troubled youth…let’s say 7 or 8 years ago. I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it’s called or who wrote it but I remember bits and pieces of the plot. It’s a book about an American guy who goes to a castle in Transylvania(I think-somewhere in Romania for sure- might have been near Brasov but I’m not betting any money on it) that belonged to his family and picks a chick up on the road. He’s very nice and normal but once he gets there he discovers his family were vampires or werewolves or something like that. Oh, and I think his name was Michael but he changed it to Mihai. And there’s a scene in an old creepy village and a church at night. Know what book I’m talking about? Well, if you do, please inform me because I’ve gone mental trying to remember. I'm not very sure of any of this, which makes my search even more difficult. I think it might be "Castle Dubrava"(the description is somewhat similar but there are many things which don't coincide-probably my fault 'cause, seriously now, it's been a long time). I'll add it to my look-for list.
But enough for now and let us resume our usual program, while I go make another cup of tea and drink it from my beautiful yellow Lipton cup.

No comments:
Post a Comment