Sunday, March 16, 2008

100 facts

I read a lot of blogs, mostly blogs of strangers. It’s the 21st century way of peaking from behind the curtains. Yeah, I’m nosy like that. My favourite blog was that of a New York waiter. Sadly, he quit his job and it got boring. But I’m straying away from my point. One of the blogs I read has a post of 100 facts about the blog writer. Now the title becomes clear, doesn’t it? So, I decided to write 100 facts about myself. It took me almost 2 days to complete.


1.I like things that smell like bubble gum. Shower gel, body lotions, pretty much anything that smells like bubble gum.
2.I like to buy products that smell nice but I rarely use them.
3.I get excited by new stuff and get bored in 1 to 5 days. Few things have lasted longer.
4.I smoke and I don’t want to quit.
5.I drink coffee.
6.I drink Coke. I will choose Coke over Pepsi any day. I think people who drink Pepsi just don’t
know how to enjoy life. I think that people who can’t tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi have no taste buds.
7.I believe everybody has the right to choose when it comes to their lives and their bodies. Yes, this means I am pro-choice and proud of it.
8.I have been in boys’ dorm rooms that were cleaner than mine. I like my mess, thank you very much, and will not clean unless I am mad, extremely bored or am having a cleaning fit.
9.I cannot stand my bathroom or kitchen to be dirty. This does not apply to dishes which I don’t mind doing but I will leave be if I don’t feel like it, sometimes even for weeks.
10.I would have liked to work in advertising.
11.I think I am funny. Most people disagree.
12.I learn every year how to tie a tie knot. It takes me 10 to 11 months to forget this information and then I look online and learn again.
13.I also drink tea. I prefer green, black and peppermint.
14.I like peppermint things. Tea, ice cream, chocolate and that’s just what I can think of right now.
15.I am mildly dyslexic. It gets worse when I am stressed. I lost 0.5 of a point in a math exam because of this many years ago and I still haven’t gotten over that fact.
16.I dislike having to wake up early.
17.I dwell on small things.
18.I will sometimes beat myself up for stupid things I did years before.
19.My left eye is different because of a surgery I had. Until 2 years ago it was the first thing I noticed every time I looked in a mirror. Now I have to focus to notice it. It hasn’t changed. I have.
20.I dislike wearing make-up because it makes my weird eye more noticeable.
21.I’ve never had a good idea of what I want to do with my life. When I was 7 I wanted to be an astronomer. I wanted to be a journalist, computer tech, doctor and so many other things.
22.When I was 8 or 9 I announced that I wanted to be a writer. No one took me seriously. They still don’t. In the meantime I discovered that I lack talent.
23.I am competitive.
24.I like to win.
25.I like red wine.
26.I will drink if I want to drink even if I am alone in my house. This doesn’t make me an alcoholic.
27.I have watched all the Gilmore Girls seasons many times. I can still laugh at the funny scenes and I still cringe when a moment I hate comes along.
28.My favourite Survivor contestant was Andrew Savage, from Pearl Islands.
29.Yes, I watch Survivor. I dislike all other reality TV.
30.I like warmth.
31.Oddly enough my favourite seasons are fall and winter.
32.I like snow. It makes me happy. When the first snow of the year falls, I’ll be outside.
33.I prefer dogs to cats but I can appreciate the commodity of owning a cat. I had one, they’re much less maintenance. Dogs are friendlier.
34.I have made many bad dating decisions. I don’t regret them.
35.I would never in a hundred years date again most of the guys I dated in my teens.
36.I like to drink from the appropriate glass for every drink. I can’t drink wine from a wrong glass.
37.I like drinking out of bottles. Even wine.
38.I can be bitchy. I enjoy it.
39.I am polite. I say “please” and “thank you”.
40.The fact that I am polite does not mean that I like you.
41.In fact I dislike most of the people I meet every day.
42.I have been tested and I have a high IQ but I will not share the number.
43.However, I take pride in that number.
44.I have long hair and yes, I am aware that it would take much less time to take care of it if it would be shorter. However, I like my hair long.
45.I am not and have never been religious. I dislike most forms of organized religion.
46.I like colors, I just don’t like the way they look on me. That’s why I wear mostly black clothes.
47.I think Macs are cool but I wouldn’t like to own one.
48.If I have to choose something, prettiness will factor in. I like to have pretty things.
49.The fact that I am bad at something will most likely stop me from trying it again. This does not apply to pool and writing.
50.I don’t eat dairy. At all. Except for chocolate milk.
51.Fast food is a blessing and I would eat it every day.
52.I am lazy.
53.I am a night person.
54.I have been an insomniac for a long time. I will not take any pills for it because, frankly, I enjoy it.
55.If I could pick any city in the world to live in it would probably be London, followed closely by New York.
56.I will avoid walking unless I am on vacation.
57.I would like to go to Japan only to be able to travel in a Maglev train.
58.I can’t drive. I’d like to learn.
59.I’d also like to learn to ride a motorcycle.
60.I love Pringles.
61.I don’t eat breakfast.
62.I can’t touch type. This makes me sad.
63.I don’t understand the cuteness of penguins. I think they’re ugly.
64.I play backgammon. In fact the game I play most now is a backgammon game.
65.I used to be a gamer-chick and I was really good at most games. I got bored about 3 years ago. Despite that, I never got the appeal of shooters.
66.I usually carry a book with me when I go out. Even if I go out drinking. It’s especially fun if I have to wait in line and I whip out a 4-500 page book or one with a really dirty cover.
67.I also carry a notebook and pen with me most times. Inspiration strikes at the most random times.
68.I have a pentacle ring. I got bored of answering idiotic questions so I stopped wearing it.
69.I used to be a rocker-chick. It makes for good stories of my fun youth. I still have fun, though.
70.I can never remember the difference between “loose” and “lose”. I’ve tried a million different ways. I’ll usually read the sentence out to see if it makes sense. Also, I usually get it wrong.
71.I’ve wanted a pair of Docs for 5 or 6 years. I hope I’ll get one this fall. I probably won’t take them off ever again.
72.I like movies with happy endings but I have weird ideas of what a happy ending is.
73.I love crappy horror movies and watch every one I can because I get to make fun of them
74.I love watching snooker. I suck at pool so I have no chance of being good at playing.
75.I don’t like plush toys. Despite that, I have a big bag filled with them under my bed. The dangers of being a girl, I suppose.
76.I am not sentimental and I lose most of the things that most women keep for years and years. I once forgot a love letter I got(long story about that one). I also lost a ring I got for Valentine’s Day many moons ago and I’ve never kept a flower in a book.
77.If I need money I will usually find some on the street. Never much but enough.
78.The only romance book I like is Jane Eyre.
79.I’ve been told I’m an expert at eye rolling and sighing. I practice a lot.
80.I love smileys and use them constantly.
81.I will go to extensive lengths to find a great gift for someone because I love getting good gifts.
82.I hate waiting for anything.
83.I don’t give random gifts. But I do like getting them so feel free to send me something ;)
84.I don’t drink unsweetened stuff. I usually add 2 teaspoons of sugar in my tea or coffee.
85.I’d like to have a vacation house in the mountains somewhere or in a small French village.
86.I have romantic views of small French villages. I don’t wish to know the reality. My imagination is much better.
87.I don’t like cutesy pet names. I have a name and I like it. I also have a nickname that I like. Are those 2 so hard to remember that you have to use a cutesy thing? There is only one that I don’t mind.
88.I am blunt.
89.I will answer most questions honestly unless I feel it’s none of the asker’s business. I won’t answer questions about my age, though. I don’t have a problem with it, I just think it’s incredibly rude and most people need to learn not to ask that. Next time they might get a person who does mind.
90.I am cynical and enjoy it.
91.I generally enjoy most of my flaws. If I didn’t I would probably work on them.
92.My only make-up must have is lip balm. I also usually have a black eye pencil around my purse. I have used one to write something down in the past when my pen stopped working.
93.I could never collect anything. I find collecting in general utterly boring.
94.I have quite a few metallic boxes and I will buy almost anything as long as it comes in a metallic box.
95.I have one perfume that I like. There might be others but I haven’t found them yet. It’s Miracle by Lancôme. Fell free to send me one as well.
96.I will lie thru my teeth and with a smile on my face to get out of trouble. Because of this I rarely got in trouble when I was a kid. I’m really good at it.
97.I can’t stand small purses even though I never carry lots of things with me. It must at least fit a big book. I would take a messenger bag over one of those tiny purses any day.
98.I love input, both positive and negative. I can take critique well, as long as it’s founded.
99.I like change. I like to move. I sleep on my pullout couch once a month because I get bored of always sleeping in my bed.
100.I like French music. In fact, this list was written on an Alizée and Patricia Kaas musical background.

I made it to 100. Pfew! *relieved sigh* If you read that big list you are my hero. Can you write yours? My infinity dare still stands. I'm even offering a cookie bribe.

3 comments:

adelina said...

wow,that was hard I bet ! I don't even know if I can write 100 things about myself but I'll tell u 2 things : 1.I'll try and 2.well,some will match yours :D

Hey,I had my IQ tested as well 'cause my mom said so and it's pretty big(that's what the lady psychologist said),too bad I don't use it usefully

Admin said...

Yes! Someone is takig my dare! :D The cookie bribe still stands(I'll up it with a beer).Good luck!

And gosh, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who got tested(geez, that sounded like I was talking about something bad.) Let me rephrase it: I'm glad I'm not the only one who took an IQ test. Heh, better. And there is no need to use it...we can just brag about it :D.

adelina said...

yeah,mom was obsessed with knowing my IQ for a while so she made me and I had to get bored doing that stupid test(I think I would have scored even more but I was so bored at the last part I just wanted to go home).I don't use my IQ for anything useful anyway so who cares.

see,I made it and now u have to give me cookies and beer