Thursday, January 15, 2009

In which I rant and whine(and organize an impromptu contest)

I hate exam week. With a burning passion. Whoever decided that we must have exams at the end of term is a sadist that would make even Sade weep in shame. For the last 3 days the only conversations I have had have been about exams. I am basically living on a diet of Red Bull, Pringles and peanut butter sandwiches. My bed looks like this:

It's sad. Painful. I want this bloody thing to be over already! I miss seeing people. Not feeling like my head will explode at any time. Having a drink without starting to ramble on about the oxidation of alcohols, preparation and that fucking H NMR. I hate NMR with a burning passion. If anyone can explain please do. I have given up. NMR sucks.

(For any normal person reading this, NMR is nuclear magnetic resonance, also known as nasty mangled rubbish. I am not particularly imaginative at this time of the night. If you can come with a better one, you get your very own special guest blog entry. Exciting.* I might even throw in a Twix bar. If I have any left).

And now if you will excuse me I must go and try to understand my notes. Kill me.

*I am serious about this. It doesn't happen often. Me being serious. So, go on, I am taking submissions. How would YOU like to be special guest star? Also, this contest wasn't planned when I started writing this entry. Hence the impromptu. And if I don't get any submissions I might cry. Baby, I am.

No comments: